Daily Herald: Historic Medinah Country Club
September 23, 2012 -- Calvin Koeppel says he's been fortunate to witness golfing history unfold as a longtime member of Medinah Country Club.
The 54-hole complex in northern DuPage County has been the site of national tournaments and major championships through the years.
This week, another chapter in Medinah's long and storied history will be written when the best professional golfers from Europe and the United States square off on the club's famed Course No. 3 during the 2012 Ryder Cup.
"When you join here, you don't just join a country club," Koeppel said. "You join a historic country club."
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, September 23, 2012, or online at dailyherald.com.
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
- Wayne Miller dies at 94; photos chronicled black Chicago life
- Ex-student allegedly threatened Glenbard East HS
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security