Chicago Housing Market
October 12, 2012 -- What is the state of the Chicago housing market?
Robert Shiller - co-creator of the Case-Shiller Home Price Indices and a leading authority on the housing market is in Chicago to receive the CME Group-MSRI prize in innovative quantitative applications, which recognizes individuals who contribute original concepts in mathematical, statistical or computational methods for the study of the markets' behavior and global economics. He discusses the Chicago housing market.
Per the latest release of the Case-Shiller Index:
Average home prices in the Chicago area in July rose 2.7 percent from June, but remain slightly below year-ago levels.
The increase represents the fourth consecutive month of improvement in local pricing.
Additionally, on average, July condo prices rose 2.3 percent from June (but still were 4.7 percent lower than in July 2011).
Nationally, home prices increased 1.6 percent for the 20 cities in the Case-Shiller index.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 22 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby 40 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school 37 min ago
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs 48 min ago
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice 7 min ago
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts 17 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Fatally shot alleged robber suspected in Harvey cop shooting
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to...
37 min ago
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
22 min ago
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim...
7 min ago