Chicago Housing Market
October 12, 2012 -- What is the state of the Chicago housing market?
Robert Shiller - co-creator of the Case-Shiller Home Price Indices and a leading authority on the housing market is in Chicago to receive the CME Group-MSRI prize in innovative quantitative applications, which recognizes individuals who contribute original concepts in mathematical, statistical or computational methods for the study of the markets' behavior and global economics. He discusses the Chicago housing market.
Per the latest release of the Case-Shiller Index:
Average home prices in the Chicago area in July rose 2.7 percent from June, but remain slightly below year-ago levels.
The increase represents the fourth consecutive month of improvement in local pricing.
Additionally, on average, July condo prices rose 2.3 percent from June (but still were 4.7 percent lower than in July 2011).
Nationally, home prices increased 1.6 percent for the 20 cities in the Case-Shiller index.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet 43 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event 40 min ago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing...
43 min ago
- Rare Tea Cellar stocks one-of-a-kind products
49 min ago