Ron Santo Walk To Cure Diabetes
October 14, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- The 34th Annual Ron Santo Walk To Cure Diabetes kicked off in six locations Sunday.
The locations were along the lakefront in Chicago, as well as Libertyville, Schaumburg, Palos Hills, Peoria and Lisle.
The Walk (www.walk.jdrf.org) goal to raise $4.5 million in support of research to find a cure for Type 1 diabetes was reached.
This year, participants walked in honor of Ron Santo, the baseball hall of famer who worked as a tireless leader to find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes, and for 32 years, led the Walk with a strong and emphatic voice.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds