Health Care Tips
October 21, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Healthcare is a hot-button political issue these days, and the rising costs of healthcare are a big concern to many families. So, how can you find the best possible care at the lowest cost?
Joan Jensen, president and CEO of Central Credit Union of Illinois came into our ABC7 studio to share tips.
Joan's Healthcare Tips
Review & Understand Your Policy
Free 24-hour Hotline?
1. Pick the Right Provider
Alternate Facilities: charges for certain procedures can vary by location
Urgent Care Facility vs. ER: insurance companies usually require higher co-pays when you go to the emergency room
Review Medicare's New Benefits
Chronic Diseases: Savings Programs?
4. How You Pay Matters
Tax Breaks w/ Flexible Spending
Health Savings Accounts
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Last-minute fortune seekers buy Powerball tickets
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Police responding to 'flash mobs' near Michigan Avenue 26 min ago
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured 2 min ago
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin