For Your Family: Sleep, Recall, 'Hatched It' app
October 22, 2012 -- In this "For Your Family," kids, sleep, and better behavior in school are all connected!
Just an extra 30 minutes of sleep per night can make a big difference. Researchers studied children between 7 and 11 years old. Their normal sleep time: nine hours a night. Their teachers did the evaluations, and here's what they found: those who slept 30 minutes more, started doing better in behavior and emotions, and those who slept less in the study started behaving not so well in school.
Also, there's a big recall on children's clothing affecting fleece hoodie and t-shirt sets sold exclusively at Target by Children's Apparel Network. The coating on the zippers could have excessive levels of lead. The hoodies and t-shirts are meant for toddlers, who often put zippers in their mouths. Consumers can return the items to Target for a full refund.
Lastly, a cool new app is available, created by two moms to help make your life a little more organized. It basically allows you to share your calendar and your to-do lists. It's by "Hatched It" and allows users to share school activities, sports, any important dates with grandparents, babysitters, and you can share a to-do list with your family. If you're packing for a trip, for example, it can help you put together a master list that everyone in your family has on their phone. They can also add to the list or check completed when it is done. No more confusion!
Follow Judy Hsu on Twitter: @judyhsuabc7
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 6 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 35 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost in Mich. 5 min ago
- Firefighter in prison for wife murder still gets pension 4 min ago
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases 48 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break