Women Veterans Fair
October 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- There are about 64,000 women veterans in Illinois, but compared to male veterans, women hardly ever access services and benefits to help them with the issues they face, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Military Sexual Trauma (MST), resiliency, and transitioning back into civilian life.
Now the first-ever Women Veterans Fair in Glen Ellyn (www.cod.edu/news-events/news/12_october/12_womenveterans.aspx) wants to change that.
The Illinois Department of Veterans' Affairs (IDVA) and the College of DuPage are co-hosting the child-friendly event, and Erica Borggren, Director, Illinois Department of Veterans' Affairs, stopped by our ABC7 studio to tell us about it.
Illinois Women Veterans Fair
Saturday, October 27, 12 p.m.
College of DuPage
Student Services Center
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL
Schedule of Events:
Noon to 4 p.m.: Resource booths open
1:30 p.m.: Opening ceremony featuring keynote by IDVA Director Erica Borggren
2:30 to 4 p.m.: Workshops on PTSD/MST, Resiliency and Transitioning
4:15 p.m.: Screening in the Veterans Lounge of "The Invisible War," a documentary by Oscar- and Emmy-nominated filmmaker Kirby Dick about the epidemic of rape within the U.S. military
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 49 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court 43 min ago
- Person hit by train in Grayslake, Metra affected
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- Late winter snow shuts schools, offices on East Coast 31 min ago
- 2 found dead in Michigan City shooting
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- St. Patrick's Day 2014 parades proceed amid tension over gays
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- ABC7 To Go 3-17-14
19 min ago