ABC7 Chicago Salutes: Carmen Velásquez
October 27, 2012 (WLS) -- "ABC 7 Chicago Salutes" is a chance to recognize those people who are making a difference. On Saturday, October 27th, we salute Carmen Velásquez, the founder and exeutive director of Alivio Medical Center.
Community members want to recognize her for her tireless commitment to the working poor, Latino community, especially those who are undocumented immigrants.
Velásquez founded the Alivio Medical Center in 1989. Today, Alivio operates two sites in Pilsen and one in Cicero. In February, Alivio will also open another health center in Berwyn. Additionally, Alivio has three school-based community health centers.
In all, Alivio serves more than 100,000 patient visits a year. Because of that accomplishment, Velásquez has received numerous national and local awards.
If you know someone who is making a difference, please send us their photo and information to email@example.com Be sure to post it under "ABC 7 Chicago Salutes."
resources, stacey baca
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park 39 min ago
- Ind. beaches close after substance found in water
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app 21 min ago
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data? 3 min ago
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- UofC biochem student missing 6 days
- Report: Special session on pension to cost $40K a day
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured 14 min ago
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment,...
14 min ago
- Might you be overpaying for smartphone data?
3 min ago
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos