Chef Jose Garces' new cookbook "Latin Road Home"
November 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chef Jose Garces is known to most people as an Iron Chef, appearing regularly on Iron Chef America. He is also the owner and operator of 15 successful restaurants in 5 cities including Mercat a la Planxa in Chicago.
His second cookbook, The Latin Road Home , Garces takes readers and home chefs on a culinary and cultural tour of five countries: Ecuador, Spain, Mexico, Cuba and Peru. It is the anticipated follow-up to his first cookbook, Latin Evolution. Chef Garces prepares a recipe from his new book which is available at most book stores and online.
Mercat a la Planxa
638 South Michigan Ave
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 59 min ago
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet 15 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 18 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
30 min ago
- Divvy Week kicks off in Chicago
52 min ago