Chef Jose Garces' new cookbook "Latin Road Home"
November 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chef Jose Garces is known to most people as an Iron Chef, appearing regularly on Iron Chef America. He is also the owner and operator of 15 successful restaurants in 5 cities including Mercat a la Planxa in Chicago.
His second cookbook, The Latin Road Home , Garces takes readers and home chefs on a culinary and cultural tour of five countries: Ecuador, Spain, Mexico, Cuba and Peru. It is the anticipated follow-up to his first cookbook, Latin Evolution. Chef Garces prepares a recipe from his new book which is available at most book stores and online.
Mercat a la Planxa
638 South Michigan Ave
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos