Let's Dish: Cajun Burgers
November 10, 2012 (WLS) -- Everybody loves a good burger, and it's a great way to manage the budget.
But when you get tired of the same old, Chris Koetke, host of Let's Dish, suggests bringing a Cajun twist to the standard classic.
You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network.Recipe for Cajun Burgers
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
½ cup diced green pepper
½ cup diced onion
½ cup diced celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ Tablespoons Cajun spice mix (this depends greatly on the heat of the particular mix)
½ teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon ketchup
¾ teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
Thinly sliced red onion
4 warmed hamburger buns, split
1. Sauté the pepper, onion and celery in olive oil until cooked through and very soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Let cool. Once it is cool, place in the refrigerator until cold.
2. In a bowl, mix beef, cold sautéed vegetables, Cajun spice mix, and salt until the mixture becomes elastic. Form 4 burgers.
3. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and hot sauce. Reserve.
4. Cook burgers on the grill or in a sauté pan until completely cooked through. They should not be red or pink in the middle when done.
5. Serve burgers on warmed buns with Louisiana hot sauce mayonnaise, Creole mustard, tomato slices, and red onion slices.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 14 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 4 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson 28 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 20 min ago
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake