Let's Dish: Cajun Burgers
November 10, 2012 (WLS) -- Everybody loves a good burger, and it's a great way to manage the budget.
But when you get tired of the same old, Chris Koetke, host of Let's Dish, suggests bringing a Cajun twist to the standard classic.
You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network.Recipe for Cajun Burgers
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
½ cup diced green pepper
½ cup diced onion
½ cup diced celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ Tablespoons Cajun spice mix (this depends greatly on the heat of the particular mix)
½ teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon ketchup
¾ teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
Thinly sliced red onion
4 warmed hamburger buns, split
1. Sauté the pepper, onion and celery in olive oil until cooked through and very soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Let cool. Once it is cool, place in the refrigerator until cold.
2. In a bowl, mix beef, cold sautéed vegetables, Cajun spice mix, and salt until the mixture becomes elastic. Form 4 burgers.
3. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and hot sauce. Reserve.
4. Cook burgers on the grill or in a sauté pan until completely cooked through. They should not be red or pink in the middle when done.
5. Serve burgers on warmed buns with Louisiana hot sauce mayonnaise, Creole mustard, tomato slices, and red onion slices.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 22 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 35 min ago
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym 38 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant