Let's Dish: Cajun Burgers
November 10, 2012 (WLS) -- Everybody loves a good burger, and it's a great way to manage the budget.
But when you get tired of the same old, Chris Koetke, host of Let's Dish, suggests bringing a Cajun twist to the standard classic.
You can find more recipes likes this on the Live Well Network.Recipe for Cajun Burgers
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
½ cup diced green pepper
½ cup diced onion
½ cup diced celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ Tablespoons Cajun spice mix (this depends greatly on the heat of the particular mix)
½ teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon ketchup
¾ teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce
Thinly sliced red onion
4 warmed hamburger buns, split
1. Sauté the pepper, onion and celery in olive oil until cooked through and very soft. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Let cool. Once it is cool, place in the refrigerator until cold.
2. In a bowl, mix beef, cold sautéed vegetables, Cajun spice mix, and salt until the mixture becomes elastic. Form 4 burgers.
3. In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup and hot sauce. Reserve.
4. Cook burgers on the grill or in a sauté pan until completely cooked through. They should not be red or pink in the middle when done.
5. Serve burgers on warmed buns with Louisiana hot sauce mayonnaise, Creole mustard, tomato slices, and red onion slices.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a look back
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions 22 min ago
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Heisman Trophy 2013 Finalists: Jameis Winston, NIU's Jordan...
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots 37 min ago
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913