Chicago-Area Honor Flight
November 11, 2012 -- The local Honor Flight charity that began with the goal of taking World War II veterans to Washington, D.C., to see their monument has made that dream come true for more than 3,000 veterans.
Someday soon it might focus instead on veterans of Korea, Vietnam and our 21st Century wars. You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, November 11, 2012, or online at dailyherald.com (link: http://dailyherald.com/).
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...