Run For Kelli
November 11, 2012 (WLS) -- In October 2011, a suburban teenager was stabbed to death when she apparently interrupted a burglary in her parents' Indian Head Park home.
Kelli O'Laughlin was a freshman at Lyons Township High School, and on Sunday, November 11, 2012, hundreds gathered at the school for a run in her memory. All proceeds from the "Run for Kelli" (http://tinyurl.com/RunforKelli) go to the Kelli Joy O'Laughlin Memorial Fund.
There will also be a raffle for all participants. Featured prizes include tickets to Chicago Bears and Bulls games, gift certificates to restaurants and golf courses, spas and more.
ABC7's Ben Bradley recently talked to her parents as they organized the run, and Brenda and John O'Laughlin joined us live from the event site during our ABC7 News Sunday Morning to tell us more.
"Run for Kelli"
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Lyons Township High School South Campus
4900 Willow Springs Road
Four race times:
7:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 9 a.m., 9:45 a.m. (one-mile walk concurrently with final race)
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 4 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say 39 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
4 min ago
- 2014 International Home + Housewares Show
8 min ago