Run For Kelli
November 11, 2012 (WLS) -- In October 2011, a suburban teenager was stabbed to death when she apparently interrupted a burglary in her parents' Indian Head Park home.
Kelli O'Laughlin was a freshman at Lyons Township High School, and on Sunday, November 11, 2012, hundreds gathered at the school for a run in her memory. All proceeds from the "Run for Kelli" (http://tinyurl.com/RunforKelli) go to the Kelli Joy O'Laughlin Memorial Fund.
There will also be a raffle for all participants. Featured prizes include tickets to Chicago Bears and Bulls games, gift certificates to restaurants and golf courses, spas and more.
ABC7's Ben Bradley recently talked to her parents as they organized the run, and Brenda and John O'Laughlin joined us live from the event site during our ABC7 News Sunday Morning to tell us more.
"Run for Kelli"
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Lyons Township High School South Campus
4900 Willow Springs Road
Four race times:
7:30 a.m., 8:15 a.m., 9 a.m., 9:45 a.m. (one-mile walk concurrently with final race)
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep freeze 4 min ago
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 13 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song 14 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Ran Hotel With Grilling Area
- Snow in forecast as shoppers brave deep...
4 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases...
14 min ago
- 1985 Chicago Bears Book
34 min ago