Veterans Day of Appreciation, Folds of Honor Foundation
November 12, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Major Ed Pulido, who lost his leg in Iraq, is vice president of the Folds of Honor Foundation, which raises money to fund scholarships for families of wounded or lost soldiers.
He spoke with ABC7 about foldsofhonor.org and Veterans Day of Appreciation, an event held Monday by Fifth Third Bank.
On Veteran's Day, hundreds of Fifth Third Bank employees are assembling care packages for troops from Illinois and NW Indiana who are serving in Afghanistan.
Fifth Third Bank is encouraging the public to come to Union Station between 8 am and 2 pm where they can write notes of support to put into the 1,530 care packages that will be sent at the end of the day.
Veterans Day of Appreciation
Union Station, Great Hall
8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Folds of Honor Foundation Scholarship Info
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 26 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 40 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 35 min ago
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother 8 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
27 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos