ABC7 Chicago Salutes: Juan Francisco Soto
November 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ABC 7 Chicago Salutes Juan Soto, a long-time community organizer who now leads two organizations.
Soto is a Mexican immigrant who came to the United States when he was 5 years old. He graduated from Holy Trinity High School and the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Today, Soto is the executive director of Pilsen Neighbors Community Council and Gamaliel of Metro Chicago. Soto has also been the director of Fiesta del Sol for 20 years. Fiesta del Sol is considered one of the largest free, family-oriented events in the Midwest.
Community members nominated Soto because they say he is a strong leader who is passionate about helping people and bettering the community.
Soto also has a wife and two daughters.
resources, stacey baca
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 24 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 25 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 40 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos