Bright, bold winter colors
November 19, 2012 -- Fall and winter are usually reserved for darker, earth tone colors-- but this year, stylists are taking the color schemes up a notch.
Joel Morales, chairman of the BMO Harris Bank Magnificent Mile Lights Festival and president of Ext. 54, shows how to incorporate some of the season's hottest colors into your wardrobe.
- This season's hot colors:
- Oxblood/Venetian Red
- Burnt Orange
- Royal Blue/Deep Teal
- Primrose Yellow
Look inspired by the streets of London in the 70's
Mustard button down long sleeve - $60
Oxblood skinny chino - $60
Camel shoulder patch cardigan - $120
Woody boots - $100
Longsleeve Bib Tie Blouse - $72
Frilly bib and collar longsleeve blouse with front buttons and velvet tie.
Actor Buckle Cutout Boots - $190
Black leather ankle boots with cutout heel and buckle over vamp. Heal height is 3".
Sophie Theallet Bow-Detail Dress - $108
As seen in Vogue, InStyle and Oprah Magazine, orange dress from the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Award and 2012 winner of the Woolmark Award, Sophie Theallet. European design is sultry and form-fitting. Side shirring and pintuck details create a shaped silhouette. Supple crepe with scarf ties at shoulder. A-line skirt with flared hem. Invisible back zipper.
Sophie Theallet Chain Belt - $49.90
Sparkly twist of goldtone links and rhinestone chains. Croc-embossed faux leather tabs.
Round Toe Pumps - $119
Gold sparkle faux leather with covered high heel.
Signature Stretch Satin Dress - $350
This satin fierce aneled dress is a statement piece. In color blocked oxblood and red you will stand out in the crowd.
Sleek Patent Pump - $199
Sleek modern oxblood patent pumps with branded Karen Millen stud, 3.5" heel.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 7, allegedly brings loaded gun to Elgin school
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson 5 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 To Go, December 12, 2013
30 min ago