While retail shops and malls will be busy with holiday shoppers later this week, there is a hidden spot with many unique gifts you may want to check out as well.
The Heartstrings Gift Shop at Misericordia and the Heartstrings Shop at St. Francis Hospital in Evanston have clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and holiday crafts which are made by the residents. Everything sold benefits Misericordia, a Chicago based Home for developmentally disabled children and adults.
The Heartstrings Gift Shop at Misericordia is open Tuesday thru Friday, and Sundays 9:30 -4pm during the holiday season.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates