Santa Hustle 5K
November 24, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- This holiday season, you can join in an event that is just perfect for this season. Thousands of Santas are getting ready to run along Chicago's lakefront to help kids in need.
The 4th Annual Santa Hustle 5K (www.SantaHustle.com), brought to you by Variety Children's Charity (www.varietyofillinois.org) and Adrenaline Sports Management (http://www.adrenalinesportsmanagement.com/), helps "Variety Children's Charity of Illinois," and Amy Key, Chairman of the Board with Variety, came into our ABC7 studio to tell us how you can still be part of the race. At the Santa Hustle race, Variety will be presenting kids with sports wheelchairs in observance of "International Persons with Disabilities Day," which takes place on Monday, December 3.
4th Annual Santa Hustle 5K (www.SantaHustle.com)
Saturday, Dec 1
Variety Children's Charity (www.facebook.com/varietyofillinois; www.twitter.com/variety26)
Open to all ages
8:30 a.m.: kid's 100-yard dash (12 and under, both able-body and challenged)
9 a.m.: main 5K
Racers meet on the SE side of Soldier Field
Registration cost: $45 (http://www.active.com/running/chicago-il/santa-hustle-5k---chicago-2012)
Volunteers and Variety Runners:
Santa Hustle 2012 is in need of volunteers. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Variety Charity Runners are requested: http://www.firstgiving.com/varietyofillinois/santa-hustle-5k.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 9 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty 28 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan 53 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
28 min ago
- NLEI's Construct Program
34 min ago