Fun - and free-- city, suburb events
Fun and free events in Chicago and the suburbs on December 2, 2012.
- Free Pony Rides & Visit with Santa
Island Lake, IL
Optional monetary donation to Wauconda Food Pantry
In northwest suburban island lake, Timmerman's Ranch is offering free pony rides, pictures with Santa, fun with elves, hot chocolate and more Sunday from 2p.m. to 5 p.m.
Optional monetary donations to the Wauconda Food Pantry are encourages. Last year this event raised more than 11-hundred dollars to feed local families.
- Winter Flower & Train Show
Lincoln Park Conservatory
Today: 9a-5p, thru January 8
Model trains will meander through miniature replicas of famous buildings and Chicago neighborhoods. It's open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday and runs through January 8th. It's free!
- Roscoe Village Winter Fest
Sleigh rides, carolers & crafts
Damen & Roscoe, Chicago
Sunday is the second day of Roscoe Village's Winter Fest. Sunday is family day with carriage rides, crafts and more. It's open from one to five today near the intersection of Roscoe and Damen.
- Tinley Park Holiday Market
Live music, crafts, carnival rides & parade
Oak Park Avenue train station lot
Today: Noon - 5pm
Tinley Park Holiday Market features carriage rides, vendors, and movies under a heated tend. It's capped off by the parade of lights.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Tonsil surgery tragedy judge orders life support for girl, 13
- Nigeria mass wedding marries 1,111 couples 15 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos