Family tries to focus on 'love and the Golden Rule'
December 9, 2012 (WLS) -- A year ago, Britt Steinhoff of Island Lake was busy getting ready to celebrate the holidays with her 10-year-old twin sons.
This year, she is trying to rebuild her life with one of her sons and striving for justice in the crash that killed her other boy.
The twins' father, who was driving the boys when their car was hit by another driver near Wauconda, pleaded guilty to having marijuana in his system and got probation. The driver of the other vehicle was charged with reckless homicide.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, December 9, 2012, or online at dailyherald.com.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area