Family tries to focus on 'love and the Golden Rule'
December 9, 2012 (WLS) -- A year ago, Britt Steinhoff of Island Lake was busy getting ready to celebrate the holidays with her 10-year-old twin sons.
This year, she is trying to rebuild her life with one of her sons and striving for justice in the crash that killed her other boy.
The twins' father, who was driving the boys when their car was hit by another driver near Wauconda, pleaded guilty to having marijuana in his system and got probation. The driver of the other vehicle was charged with reckless homicide.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, December 9, 2012, or online at dailyherald.com.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 43 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary 32 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
27 min ago
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly...
46 min ago
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
43 min ago
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last...
32 min ago