Family tries to focus on 'love and the Golden Rule'
December 9, 2012 (WLS) -- A year ago, Britt Steinhoff of Island Lake was busy getting ready to celebrate the holidays with her 10-year-old twin sons.
This year, she is trying to rebuild her life with one of her sons and striving for justice in the crash that killed her other boy.
The twins' father, who was driving the boys when their car was hit by another driver near Wauconda, pleaded guilty to having marijuana in his system and got probation. The driver of the other vehicle was charged with reckless homicide.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, December 9, 2012, or online at dailyherald.com.
- CTA: Red Line delays persist, train service restored 63rd to 95th 27 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos