One of a Kind Show
December 9, 2012 (WLS) -- The 12th annual One of a Kind Show and Sale® Chicago the city's wildly popular shopping show, offers the public a fantastic opportunity to buy one-of-a-kind handmade creations directly from the artists.
The One of a Kind Show features original work from more than 600 juried artists, craftspeople and designers from around the world. Visitors can meet the artists, learn the stories behind their work and shop the best in fine art and fine craft. The One of a Kind Show will showcase a wide range of media and categories including accessories, ceramics, fashion, fiber art, furniture, glass, gourmet, holiday, jewelry, kids, metal, mixed media, paintings, photography, sculpture and wood. With a wide range of prices and styles, from simple to lavish, there is something for everyone on your list.
In addition to one-of-a-kind shopping, the One of a Kind Show offers attendees a unique and entertaining experience they won't forget. For the first time, the Show will feature a mobile application to help you navigate the show floor as you shop hundreds of artists in more than 115,000 square feet. Attendees can speak with the artists individually, attend artist talks, join in crafting workshops, and enjoy gourmet cafes, fashions shows and live music.
DATES AND TIMES:
Thursday, December 6; 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday, December 7; 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday, December 8; 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Sunday, December 9; 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
TICKETS: Tickets are $12 for adults, $9 for seniors and children under 12 are free. Tickets are valid for all four days. A portion of all ticket sales will benefit The Anne + Robert H Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.
Tickets are available online at www.oneofakindshowchicago.com
1. Anna Lou Glass (Holiday Entertaining and Décor)
-"Ring of Fire" Glass Serving Platter (15x15in) - $350
-Aspen Crimson Coasters - from the Aspen Collection (Set of 4) - $60
-Sculpted Red Rose Holiday Ornament - $45
2. Earth Cadets (Kids)
I Say Hello
Organic, hand screen printed onesie, $25
3. Anna White (Home Décor)
Spiraling : 5 5/8"H x 5"W $270
Buff stoneware vessel with one spiraled/overlapped cut. Brown and blue "stitching" radiating out from the seam. Each "stitch" is a piece of colored clay. Clear glaze.
Cut Drop : 5 1/2"H x 5 1/4"W $210
Buff stoneware vessel with one overlapped cut. Brown "stitching" reaching from the seam, overlapped by white "stitches". Each "stitch" is a piece of colored clay. Clear glaze.
4. Ashley Buchanan (Jewelry)
"Historical Interpretation Cuff" $70 hand-cut brass, powder coated slate grey
"Decorative Sweet Necklace" $42 hand-cut brass, powder coated cream with gold-filled chain
"Iconic Necklace" $108 hand-cut brass, powder coated cream with sterling silver chain
5. Lillian Asterfield (Fashion Accessories)
1. Triple Ruff, $160.00
Created from designer, Nicole Deponte's personal collection of silk vintage neckties, her signature one of a kind ruffled collar is hand stitched and formed, lined in luxurious velvet and snaps on for easy on and off.
2. Color Block Ruff, $150.00
One of an exclusive collection of vintage Gene Meyer neckties, her signature ruffled collar is hand stitched and formed, lined in luxurious velvet and snaps on for easy on and off.
6. Andrea Geer Designs (Fashion Accessories)
Armwarmers with sculptural folds, $139.00
7. Katie Balas Art + Design (Fine Art)
3x5 foot Acrylic and glaze on canvas
8. Earl Nesbitt (Wood)
Sculpted solid wood vessels are available with or without removable lids. Vessel can be used as a luxury container for any precious items like jewelry, or for holding pencils and pens. $175
9. Salted Caramel (Gourmet Treats)
Holiday Tasting Box, $45
The holidays would not be complete with out tasty treats...make those Salted Caramel's 'sweet meets savory' confections and a new tradition is born! Our signature crate is filled with both Bacon & Smoked Pecan Bourbon Caramel Corns, Pretzel Grahams Toffee, Salted Caramel Cocoa and Salted Bourbon Caramel Marshmallows.
10. Will Richards (Lighting)
The ceramic base features a specialized clay body, hand built, dried, bisqued, glazed, and raku-fired.
11. Jeffrey Breslow (Sculpture)
Looking Up. Maple Branch, Quartz Boulder and Granite Stones, $2400.
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 17 min ago
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 26 min ago
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win 40 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Blackhawks fans show support with lawns, office decor 2 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost in Mich.
- Firefighter in prison for wife murder still gets pension
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures...
17 min ago
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20
26 min ago