December 16, 2012 -- Now to some fun activities for the whole family Sunday:
In Naperville, the Santa house is open for kids share their Christmas wish list with the big man. swanta is available from 12 p.m. until 6 p.m. along the Riverwalk at Jackson Street. (www.napervilleparks.org).
Nearby in Wheaton: the Cosley Zoo's Festival of Lights continues Sunday. Approximately 20,000 twinkling lights will be switched from 3 p.m. until 9 p.m. Zoo admission is free and the lights show continues through December 30. (www.cosleyzoo.org/calendar.htm).
In Chicago, the 12th annual winter circus put on by Circ-Esteem is day at 1 and 4 p.m. The group works to bring together kids from all racial, cultural and economic backgrounds for a circus performance that builds self-esteem. Adult tickets are $15, kids get in for $5. (http://circesteem.org/)
And in the south suburbs, you can skate with Santa Sunday! The HF ice arena will host Santa Claus for an open skate from 1 p.m. until 2:30 today. Admission is $6, it'll cost you four more to rent skates. (http://www.hfparks.com/Events/Event.aspx?Event_ID=451)
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 12 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery 4 min ago
- CTA Red Line resumes service 47th to 95th/Dan Ryan
- No injuries at South Side high-rise fire
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Wonder Lake man charged with sexually abusing juvenile
- 'Blues Brothers' mall chase recreated with...
- Paul Konerko signs White Sox 1-year extension
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen