Creative Gift Wrapping
December 23, 2012 (WLS) -- Getting gifts for your friends and family is one thing on your to-do list this holiday season.
But once you have all the gifts, they still need to wrapped! Of course, you could have the stores do it, but why not add a personal touch?
Alaina Pearling, Michaels (www.michaels.com), came into our ABC7 studio to show us creative gift-wrapping tips and how to make gift baskets.
Alaina's Wrapping Tips:
- Add embellishments such as ornaments, picks and floral accents.
- When building a gift basket, include a piece of foam at the bottom to give it extra height. Include items that are at different heights to get instant depth.
- Glue dots are a great way to hold gift basket items in place.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 55 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed 35 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77