December 23, 2012 (WLS) -- Now to some fun activities for the whole family happening Sunday in the suburbs.
Now to some fun activities for the whole family happening Sunday in the suburbs.
We begin in northwest Indiana where "A Christmas Story" comes to life. Six animatronic displays once featured in the windows at Macy's in New York are on display at the Indiana welcome center in Hammond from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Santa will also be making a special visit from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (http://www.southshorecva.com/achristmasstory/)
On this final weekend before Christmas you can catch the lights at both big Chicago zoos. Lincoln Park Zoo's "Zoo Lights" features nearly 2 million lights. They'll be switched on at 5 p.m. Sunday. The first 1,000 visitors will receive 3D glasses with which to check out the lights and animals! (www.lpzoo.org)
Brookfield Zoo has its only holiday party complete with lights, ice carving, magic and special evening animal shows. It begins at 4 p.m. and runs until 9 p.m. (http://www.brookfieldzoo.org/CZS/magic)
And in Joliet: an exhibit celebrated the 100-year history of the Joliet Township High School band is just one of many things to see at the Joliet Area Historical Museum. It's open from 12 p.m. until 5 p.m. (www.jolietmuseum.org)
Admission is $6 for adults, $3 for kids.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home