December 23, 2012 (WLS) -- Now to some fun activities for the whole family happening Sunday in the suburbs.
Now to some fun activities for the whole family happening Sunday in the suburbs.
We begin in northwest Indiana where "A Christmas Story" comes to life. Six animatronic displays once featured in the windows at Macy's in New York are on display at the Indiana welcome center in Hammond from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. Santa will also be making a special visit from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (http://www.southshorecva.com/achristmasstory/)
On this final weekend before Christmas you can catch the lights at both big Chicago zoos. Lincoln Park Zoo's "Zoo Lights" features nearly 2 million lights. They'll be switched on at 5 p.m. Sunday. The first 1,000 visitors will receive 3D glasses with which to check out the lights and animals! (www.lpzoo.org)
Brookfield Zoo has its only holiday party complete with lights, ice carving, magic and special evening animal shows. It begins at 4 p.m. and runs until 9 p.m. (http://www.brookfieldzoo.org/CZS/magic)
And in Joliet: an exhibit celebrated the 100-year history of the Joliet Township High School band is just one of many things to see at the Joliet Area Historical Museum. It's open from 12 p.m. until 5 p.m. (www.jolietmuseum.org)
Admission is $6 for adults, $3 for kids.
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
- Chicago fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cops: Woman, 51, who hit 3 cars in West Loop was high 19 min ago
- Chicagoan dies in 1-car Skokie tree crash 15 min ago
- Lake Zurich Salvation Army kettle gets $5,200 in gold coins 32 min ago
- Ex-Benedictine monk pleads guilty to child abduction charge 52 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in...
- Man pleads not guilty to killing wife with machete, suffocating...
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55
- Homeowner tied up during La Grange Park robbery