Daily Herald: Suburban Group Homes
December 30, 2012 (WLS) -- You'd be hard-pressed to pick out many of the hundreds of nondescript group homes throughout the Chicago suburbs.
But the uproar - from neighbors concerned about their property values and who will be living next door or from municipal officials who cite a number of nuisance and life safety issues - has kept some homes from opening, despite having federal law on their side.
And there is the occasional problem home that reinforces negative fears. You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, December 30, 2012, or online at www.dailyherald.com.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns 13 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Video: I-Team: Wanted by international police
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- 1 injured after car collides with school bus in Kenosha
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Woman charged after crashing car into Burbank house
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant 58 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying...
13 min ago