Daily Herald: Suburban Group Homes
December 30, 2012 (WLS) -- You'd be hard-pressed to pick out many of the hundreds of nondescript group homes throughout the Chicago suburbs.
But the uproar - from neighbors concerned about their property values and who will be living next door or from municipal officials who cite a number of nuisance and life safety issues - has kept some homes from opening, despite having federal law on their side.
And there is the occasional problem home that reinforces negative fears. You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, December 30, 2012, or online at www.dailyherald.com.
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday 19 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world 3 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation 22 min ago
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Toy Parade gathers gifts for children in need
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
19 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in...
3 min ago