Zoils Oils: Scents of 18th Street in Pilsen -- like tamales
January 7, 2013 (WLS) -- It wasn't that long ago that we told you about a Chicago-area man who came up with a bacon-flavored cologne. Well, there's a new foodie fragrance to tell you about. A Pilsen perfumer wants you to smell like a tamale.
From the folks at Zoils Oils comes a new line of perfumes designed to capture the essence of the Pilsen neighborhood.
It's the work of Zorayda Ortiz, a research specialist at Rush University Medical Center. Five years ago, she started using her lab skills to create new and different scents.
She started with a line of scents based on Day of the Dead, but now her new scent line makes reference to Pilsen's busy 18th Street, and one of the flavors is called "Tamale."
Ortiz says her oils are for sale along 18th Street at Round Two Resale, Pilsen Vintage and Thrift, Wheel of Time bike shop, Smarty Pants boutique, the National Mexican Fine Arts Museum gift shop and various galleries and street fairs. She says the best way to get the perfume is to contact her directly.
If you're interested in a perfume, Ortiz can be reached at email@example.com or (773) 759-1791. She says the perfume orders can be picked up from the Pilsen Vintage and Thrift, located at 1430 W. 18th St. in Chicago.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas