Zoils Oils: Scents of 18th Street in Pilsen -- like tamales
January 7, 2013 (WLS) -- It wasn't that long ago that we told you about a Chicago-area man who came up with a bacon-flavored cologne. Well, there's a new foodie fragrance to tell you about. A Pilsen perfumer wants you to smell like a tamale.
From the folks at Zoils Oils comes a new line of perfumes designed to capture the essence of the Pilsen neighborhood.
It's the work of Zorayda Ortiz, a research specialist at Rush University Medical Center. Five years ago, she started using her lab skills to create new and different scents.
She started with a line of scents based on Day of the Dead, but now her new scent line makes reference to Pilsen's busy 18th Street, and one of the flavors is called "Tamale."
Ortiz says her oils are for sale along 18th Street at Round Two Resale, Pilsen Vintage and Thrift, Wheel of Time bike shop, Smarty Pants boutique, the National Mexican Fine Arts Museum gift shop and various galleries and street fairs. She says the best way to get the perfume is to contact her directly.
If you're interested in a perfume, Ortiz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 759-1791. She says the perfume orders can be picked up from the Pilsen Vintage and Thrift, located at 1430 W. 18th St. in Chicago.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police chase in Lincoln Park may have hurt officer 13 min ago
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
43 min ago