'Side Effects May Include...'
January 12, 2013 -- Parkinson's Disease causes patients to tremble, have stiff limbs and more. There is no cure for it yet, but medications can help. Of course, they come with side effects, and a theatre play at the Greenhouse Theater Center in Chicago explores that with a dose of humor.
On our ABC7 News Saturday Morning, we had Marc Jaffe, the creator of "Side Effects May Include...," Andrew Pond, the star, and Wayne Mell, the director, in our studio to tell us about the play and the creator's personal connection to the subject matter.
Jaffe's wife, Karen, has Parkinson's, and together, they started the "Shaking With Laughter" (www.shakingwithlaughter.org/) foundation to raise money for Parkinson's research. The organization is also raising money for research in association with the Michael J. Fox Foundation (www.michaeljfox.org/).
SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE...
Through February 10, 2013
Fridays & Saturdays: 8 p.m.
Sundays: 3 p.m.
Greenhouse Theater Center (www.greenhousetheater.org)
2257 North Lincoln Ave.
$25 general admission
$20 students/ seniors, groups
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 3 min ago
- Glenview, Chicago cops accused of lying in court 8 min ago
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 30 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos