Identity Theft Protection
January 13, 2013 -- Identity theft is a growing problem in Illinois and nationwide. Often, victims don't realize their personal information has been stolen until they apply for a job or a loan.
Even more chilling - postal inspectors say once you're a victim of identity theft, there's the potential you'll be a victim multiple times. Your information is out there, and it will get passed around.
If you think you're a victim, you can call the Illinois Identity Theft Hotline at (866) 999-5630. There is also more useful information here: /illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/hotline.html
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas