Identity Theft Protection
January 13, 2013 -- Identity theft is a growing problem in Illinois and nationwide. Often, victims don't realize their personal information has been stolen until they apply for a job or a loan.
Even more chilling - postal inspectors say once you're a victim of identity theft, there's the potential you'll be a victim multiple times. Your information is out there, and it will get passed around.
If you think you're a victim, you can call the Illinois Identity Theft Hotline at (866) 999-5630. There is also more useful information here: /illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/hotline.html
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All