ABC7 Chicago Salutes: Ailyn Adames
January 19, 2013 -- ABC7Chicago salutes success stories throughout the Chicago area. And today, we salute Ailyn Adames, a 24-year-old Chicagoan who just graduated from Northeastern Illinois University with a psychology degree.
In 2004, Adames says her family's car broke down in Lincolnwood. The family was stranded and needed help.
At that point, a Good Samaritan stopped to help. His name was Cliff Bregstone. Adames says Bregstone helped the family fix its car, but then he invited the family to his home to celebrate the holidays.
During that visit, Bregstone realized Adames wanted to go to college, but she didn't have the financial support to do so. Bregstone stepped in to help, and now, nine years later, Adames is a college graduate looking forward to graduate school. Bregstone is the founder of College Bound Opportunities.
So, we salute Ailyn Adames.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos