Daily Herald: Ex-Round Lake Beach cop, sex offender drawing down pension
January 20, 2013 (WLS) -- Round Lake Beach taxpayers continue to provide a pension for retired police officer Leroy Kuffel, who was convicted of molesting a 16-year-old girl while off duty and is on a law-enforcement agency's sex-offender registry.
Mayor Richard Hill said the village has determined it can't halt Kuffel's pension.
However, some states, including Ohio, have strengthened pension forfeiture rules to address police and other government workers convicted of felonies off duty.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, January 20, 2013, or online at dailyherald.com.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos