Daily Herald: Ex-Round Lake Beach cop, sex offender drawing down pension
January 20, 2013 (WLS) -- Round Lake Beach taxpayers continue to provide a pension for retired police officer Leroy Kuffel, who was convicted of molesting a 16-year-old girl while off duty and is on a law-enforcement agency's sex-offender registry.
Mayor Richard Hill said the village has determined it can't halt Kuffel's pension.
However, some states, including Ohio, have strengthened pension forfeiture rules to address police and other government workers convicted of felonies off duty.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, January 20, 2013, or online at dailyherald.com.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 4 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station 20 min ago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 50 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe 25 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket...
4 min ago