Jose Feliciano in concert
January 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Jose Feliciano is recognized as the first Latin Artist to cross over into the English music market, opening the doors for other artists who now play an important role in the American music industry.
On Thursday, he stopped by the ABC7 Studio and strummed a song on Meteorologist Tracy Butler's guitar.
Feliciano has been acclaimed by critics around the world as "the greatest living guitarist." Also referred to as "The Picasso of his Realm," Feliciano's accomplishments are highly celebrated. He's been awarded over forty-five Gold and Platinum records; he has won nineteen Grammy nominations, earning nine Grammy Awards, including the LARAS Award for Lifetime Achievement.
Jose Feliciano Concert January 24, 2013 at City Winery Chicago. Doors Open 6PM Concert 8PM
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Rod Blagojevich appeal, likely last chance, goes before judges
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour 42 min ago
- Winter weather advisories issued as snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault 36 min ago
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- Kanye West likens job to police work; Ohio chief disagrees
- Affluenza defense nets Ethan Couch probation
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- 7 in :77