Schamburg officers charged: What's in their future?
January 27, 2013 (WLS) -- Who bears the responsibility of ensuring that undercover police officers who often are required to act like criminals don't actually give into the temptation of breaking the law?
The arrest of three Schaumburg police officers on drug conspiracy charges last week raised those questions, and whether the crimes they're accused of committing are something their supervisors should have - or could have - prevented.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, January 27, 2013, or online at dailyherald.com.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains