Valentine's Day: Last-Minute Dates, Gifts
February 9, 2013 (WLS) -- Valentine's Day is around the corner, and maybe you're still looking for a date or for a gift for your sweetheart.
Stef Safran, owner of "Stef and the City,"an introduction and event planning company, came into our ABC7 studio to give tips to get you ready for the day of love.
Stef's Suggestions for finding a last-minute date:
1. Make it a point to have a "friend" date where you and a single friend plan out activities at least twice a month that are geared toward meeting other singles.
At the very least, you can expand your social circle to find out more places that you can go.
2. Don't be shy, and be patient. Let your friends know that you are looking to meet someone- networking is all about putting yourself out there, and it can take time. Don't be surprised if it might take your friends months to come through.
3. Don't get depressed if you don't have a date for Valentine's Day. It's ONE day. Make sure you are getting out there on the other 364 days that also count.
HomeMade Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day:
1. Homemade Valentine's Day Items
Heading to Michael's Arts and Crafts to make frames and ornaments.
2. Waxman Candles
Located in Lakeview, Waxman has a great selection of candles for any holiday that will surprise your sweetie!
3. Paper Punk
Add your own personal touch, and create a Valentine's Day card that's memorable and unique!
4. Homemade Candy Sushi with a Valentine twist
Stef and the City
3047 North Lincoln Ave., Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60657
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 52 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 34 min ago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus