February 11, 2013 (WLS) -- Oscar Roadtrip reporters Angie Greenup and Ben Gleib talk about the opportunities for the public to come hold and take pictures with Oscar while he's in Chicago.
Monday, February 11th
12 - 1:30 p.m.
Lou Malnati's Pop-Up
1120 N. State Street
Twitter Challenge Pop-up: Art Institute or Union Station
(Winnig location is announced via Twitter that day!)
Tuesday, February 12th
9 a.m. -10:00am
Jamba Juice Pop-up
20 North Michigan Ave.
(RELEASE) OSCAR® HITS THE ROAD FOR NATIONWIDE TOUR-- HERE IN CHICAGO TODAY & TOMORROW
The first-ever Oscar Roadtrip will kick off on Monday, February 4, in New York City, and over the next three weeks will bring the excitement of the Oscars® to numerous cities across the country. Fans along the way will have a chance to hold an actual Oscar statuette before it arrives on the Hollywood red carpet in time for the 85th Academy Awards presentation on Sunday, February 24.
Oscar's journey will be chronicled in videos, photos and blog posts by Oscar Roadtrip reporters Ben Gleib and Angie Greenup on www.OscarRoadtrip.com, @OscarRoadtrip and Facebook.com/TheAcademy.
The pair will hit the nation's highways for the 21-day journey to some of Oscar's favorite cities, with a number of stops along the way to be determined by fans via social media. Everyone is invited to follow the progress of the trip, suggest a location for an impromptu Oscar visit and take a picture holding the coveted statuette.
"We created the Oscar Roadtrip to bring the magic and fun of the Oscar ceremony to movie fans across the country," said Josh Spector, managing director of digital media and marketing for the Academy. "The Oscar Roadtrip makes it possible to share the once-in-alifetime thrill that only comes from holding an Oscar statuette."
JCPenney, a proud sponsor of the 85th Academy Awards, will ensure the Roadtrip reporters look stylish throughout the tour. The pair will wear looks from jcp partners including Joe Fresh, William Rast and jcp's eponymous line, offering a sneak peek at the stylish and affordable fashion that will be available in jcp stores and on jcp.com this spring.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 55 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 8 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches 24 min ago
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos