Women of Concern Luncheon
February 16, 2013 (WLS) -- On Friday, February 22, 2013, an international non-governmental humanitarian organization honors two Chicago women for their service. "Concern Worldwide" (www.concernusa.org) works to reduce poverty around the world.
Its 15th Annual "Women of Concern" luncheon honors the outstanding accomplishments of two women who reflect justice, generosity and compassion in their work and daily lives: Mari Gallagher, Principal of Mari Gallagher Research and Consulting is getting the Women of Concern Leadership Award, and Shirley Welsh Ryan, Co-Founder of Pathways Center, receives the Women of Concern Humanitarian Award. Gallagher and Concern Worldwide Board of Directors member Dolores Connolly came into our ABC7 studio to tell us about the organization and the awards.
2013 Women of Concern Awards Luncheon
Friday, February 22, 2013
11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
200 North Columbus Dr.
Tickets: (312) 431- 8400 or concernusa.org
1 Luncheon Ticket: $150
1 Host Committee Ticket: $300
1 Raffle Ticket $50
3 Raffle Tickets: $100
- LIVE Coverage of Nelson Mandela Memorial 40 min ago
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5 27 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913