Women of Concern Luncheon
February 16, 2013 (WLS) -- On Friday, February 22, 2013, an international non-governmental humanitarian organization honors two Chicago women for their service. "Concern Worldwide" (www.concernusa.org) works to reduce poverty around the world.
Its 15th Annual "Women of Concern" luncheon honors the outstanding accomplishments of two women who reflect justice, generosity and compassion in their work and daily lives: Mari Gallagher, Principal of Mari Gallagher Research and Consulting is getting the Women of Concern Leadership Award, and Shirley Welsh Ryan, Co-Founder of Pathways Center, receives the Women of Concern Humanitarian Award. Gallagher and Concern Worldwide Board of Directors member Dolores Connolly came into our ABC7 studio to tell us about the organization and the awards.
2013 Women of Concern Awards Luncheon
Friday, February 22, 2013
11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park
200 North Columbus Dr.
Tickets: (312) 431- 8400 or concernusa.org
1 Luncheon Ticket: $150
1 Host Committee Ticket: $300
1 Raffle Ticket $50
3 Raffle Tickets: $100
- Boy Scouts to lift ban on openly gay scouts
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student 44 min ago
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Evanston school takes action after reports of 'sexting'
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets 41 min ago
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Monk accused in Antioch child luring out on bond
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
44 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos