Homewood Chocolate Fest
February 16, 2013 (WLS) -- Valentine's Day might be over, but that doesn't mean you can't have chocolate.
The suburban Village of Homewood is devoting all of Saturday, February 16, 2013, to chocolate - and you're invited!
Rachael Jones, Public Relations and Marketing Manager for Homewood, and Anne Aboushoush, owner of Sweet Annie's Bakery, which is a featured vendor at the festival, came into our ABC7 studio to tell us about the event and to show us how to make a delicious chocolate treat.
Homewood's 11th Annual Chocolate Fest
Saturday, February 16
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
H-F Park District Auditorium
2010 Chestnut Road
Anne's Recipe: Chocolate Fest Munch
16 oz bag pretzel sticks
14 oz Cherrios
2 lbs white chocolate or Vanilla Almond Bark
Mix a 16 oz bag of pretzel sticks and 14 oz of Cherrios in your largest bowl.
Melt 2 lbs of white chocolate or Vanilla Almond Bark.
Pour melted chocolate over the dry mixture to cover.
Spread on parchment paper, and quickly sprinkle M&M's over the chocolate candy.
Once it is dry, break into pieces.
- Winter storm spreads mixed precip across Chicago area 13 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV 10 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 5 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking 55 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
5 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos