Homewood Chocolate Fest
February 16, 2013 (WLS) -- Valentine's Day might be over, but that doesn't mean you can't have chocolate.
The suburban Village of Homewood is devoting all of Saturday, February 16, 2013, to chocolate - and you're invited!
Rachael Jones, Public Relations and Marketing Manager for Homewood, and Anne Aboushoush, owner of Sweet Annie's Bakery, which is a featured vendor at the festival, came into our ABC7 studio to tell us about the event and to show us how to make a delicious chocolate treat.
Homewood's 11th Annual Chocolate Fest
Saturday, February 16
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
H-F Park District Auditorium
2010 Chestnut Road
Anne's Recipe: Chocolate Fest Munch
16 oz bag pretzel sticks
14 oz Cherrios
2 lbs white chocolate or Vanilla Almond Bark
Mix a 16 oz bag of pretzel sticks and 14 oz of Cherrios in your largest bowl.
Melt 2 lbs of white chocolate or Vanilla Almond Bark.
Pour melted chocolate over the dry mixture to cover.
Spread on parchment paper, and quickly sprinkle M&M's over the chocolate candy.
Once it is dry, break into pieces.
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has an underwater Lake Michigan grave
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos