Homewood Chocolate Fest
February 16, 2013 (WLS) -- Valentine's Day might be over, but that doesn't mean you can't have chocolate.
The suburban Village of Homewood is devoting all of Saturday, February 16, 2013, to chocolate - and you're invited!
Rachael Jones, Public Relations and Marketing Manager for Homewood, and Anne Aboushoush, owner of Sweet Annie's Bakery, which is a featured vendor at the festival, came into our ABC7 studio to tell us about the event and to show us how to make a delicious chocolate treat.
Homewood's 11th Annual Chocolate Fest
Saturday, February 16
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
H-F Park District Auditorium
2010 Chestnut Road
Anne's Recipe: Chocolate Fest Munch
16 oz bag pretzel sticks
14 oz Cherrios
2 lbs white chocolate or Vanilla Almond Bark
Mix a 16 oz bag of pretzel sticks and 14 oz of Cherrios in your largest bowl.
Melt 2 lbs of white chocolate or Vanilla Almond Bark.
Pour melted chocolate over the dry mixture to cover.
Spread on parchment paper, and quickly sprinkle M&M's over the chocolate candy.
Once it is dry, break into pieces.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 27 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days 37 min ago
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary 16 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
27 min ago