Digital Underground: Chicago Cares
February 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- We are just a couple months into 2013 and perhaps one of your New Year's resolutions was to do a little more volunteer work. With one simple click to Chicago's digital underground, you can be the answer to people who need you.
"People are the answer. Volunteer, be the change."
For 20 years, Chicago Cares has been connecting volunteers with around 250 programs that so desperately need man, woman and children power.
And the beauty of it is you can design your own schedule.
Go to chicagocares.org
Hit find volunteer opportunities
Enter the zip code you would like to volunteer in
Scroll through the day or days of the week you are available, even the time. You can customize it to exactly what fits your schedule and what interests you. And Chicago Cares will find you the perfect match.
Annette Baumgartner, who heads up resident services for The Habitat Company, which manages 14 Chicago Housing Authority properties, said she has found that the volunteers from Chicago Cares have enhanced the lives of many seniors.
Recently, Chicago Cares connected volunteers to help those impacted by Superstorm Sandy. Near and far, it's all about engaging volunteers in opportunities to strengthen the community with many opportunities right here in our own back yard.
More info: http://www.chicagocares.org/
resources, tracy butler
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas