ABC7 Chicago Salutes: Jory Luster
February 23, 2013 (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago salutes Chicago businessman Jory Luster, president of Luster Products Inc., which is one of the leading African-American-owned hair care and beauty products companies in the nation.
While Luster is known for his hair care products, the woman who nominated him, Geri Duncan Jones, highlights Luster's commitment to the Chicago area community.
Luster Inc. has a philanthropic arm, a non-profit organization called Black Heritage Foundation. The foundation donates money to local organizations that fight cancer. It has also adopted two Chicago schools, providing computers and financial support.
"He truly cares about the community and deserves a Special Salute!" says Duncan Jones. "I think it would be wonderful if he could be recognized during Black History month, but he is deserving any time of the year."
resources, stacey baca
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos