ABC7 Chicago Salutes: Jory Luster
February 23, 2013 (WLS) -- ABC7 Chicago salutes Chicago businessman Jory Luster, president of Luster Products Inc., which is one of the leading African-American-owned hair care and beauty products companies in the nation.
While Luster is known for his hair care products, the woman who nominated him, Geri Duncan Jones, highlights Luster's commitment to the Chicago area community.
Luster Inc. has a philanthropic arm, a non-profit organization called Black Heritage Foundation. The foundation donates money to local organizations that fight cancer. It has also adopted two Chicago schools, providing computers and financial support.
"He truly cares about the community and deserves a Special Salute!" says Duncan Jones. "I think it would be wonderful if he could be recognized during Black History month, but he is deserving any time of the year."
resources, stacey baca
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 47 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red... 43 min ago
- ABC7 to Go 3-14-14
10 min ago