Daily Herald: Suburban Grocery Stores
February 24, 2013 (WLS) -- With Jewel in limbo pending a sale to an investor group, other major grocers are taking the lead in the Chicago suburbs, including expansions by Mariano's, Meijers, and others.
The latest entry is Uncle Joe's Tuscan Market, set to open in Rolling Meadows. For now, consumers are the winners, with plenty of options for comparison shopping and specialty foods and services.
You can read the full story in the Daily Herald's edition from Sunday, February 24, 2013, or online at dailyherald.com.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 1 min ago
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way 50 min ago
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury 6 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- 7 in :77
32 min ago
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the...
50 min ago
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
1 min ago