Dance Marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
March 2, 2013 (WLS) -- On Saturday, March 2, 2013, you can meet a real-life rock star, dance your feet off, and help a good cause.
The Chicago Dance Marathon (www.chicagodancemarathon.org) raises funds for the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.
Hundreds of participants dance for 13.1 hours, which signifies the length of a half-marathon (13.1 miles).
One of the top fundraisers is Rosie Colucci, also known as "Rosie The Rock Star," (www.heroesforlife.org/goto/RockStarRosie) who plans to dance the entire marathon! Rosie has a brain tumor and is a patient at Lurie Children's Hospital. She joined us in our ABC 7 studio along with Michele Lengerman, PR & Marketing Chair, Chicago Dance Marathon, to tell us about the event.
4th Annual Chicago Dance Marathon
Saturday, March 2
8 a.m. - 9:06 p.m.
Renaissance Chicago Hotel
1 West Wacker Drive
Donations accepted through April 5
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 9 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Some IL concealed carry applicants notified...
50 min ago