Dance Marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
March 2, 2013 (WLS) -- On Saturday, March 2, 2013, you can meet a real-life rock star, dance your feet off, and help a good cause.
The Chicago Dance Marathon (www.chicagodancemarathon.org) raises funds for the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.
Hundreds of participants dance for 13.1 hours, which signifies the length of a half-marathon (13.1 miles).
One of the top fundraisers is Rosie Colucci, also known as "Rosie The Rock Star," (www.heroesforlife.org/goto/RockStarRosie) who plans to dance the entire marathon! Rosie has a brain tumor and is a patient at Lurie Children's Hospital. She joined us in our ABC 7 studio along with Michele Lengerman, PR & Marketing Chair, Chicago Dance Marathon, to tell us about the event.
4th Annual Chicago Dance Marathon
Saturday, March 2
8 a.m. - 9:06 p.m.
Renaissance Chicago Hotel
1 West Wacker Drive
Donations accepted through April 5
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store 56 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 17 min ago
- City: Kup statue not stolen, out for repairs
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas 4 min ago
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Western closed St. Paul to Mofftt over weekend 20 min ago
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession 48 min ago
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake 18 min ago