Breakfast Transitions From Winter To Spring
March 3, 2013 (WLS) -- When you get the family together for breakfast, it might sometimes to be tough to satisfy everybody's taste buds.
So Celebrity Chef George Duran (www.georgeduran.com), author of "Take This Dish and Twist It," and known from various TV appearances, came into our ABC7 studio to show us how to make two different breakfast dishes with the same ingredients, all while transitioning breakfast from winter to spring.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 4 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella bread
2 flour tortillas bread
3 large strawberries, hulled and sliced bread
Sliced Strawberries (optional) bread
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Spread the chocolate evenly onto one tortilla, and place it, chocolate side up, in the skillet.
Arrange the strawberry slices over the chocolate, and cover with the second tortilla.
Cook for 2 minutes, then flip, and cook for 2 more minutes.
Slice into triangles, and serve.
Chocolate Breakfast Sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
1 Italian baguette or other dense bread
Thin milk chocolate squares (recommended: Ghiradelli Chocolate Squares)
Fresh fruit slices (such as strawberries, bananas, and raspberries)
Heat a griddle or a small skillet over medium heat.
Slice the bread into 1/4-inch thick slices.
Take 2 slices and butter 1 side of each slice. Put the bread, buttered side down, onto the griddle.
Place a square of chocolate on top of 1 slice and top it with some sliced fruit. Cover with the other slice of bread, buttered side up, and grill on both sides until the chocolate is melted.
Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
The slower the sandwiches cook, the more the chocolate will melt.
*Cook's Note: Experiment with other fruits, chopped nuts, or different kinds of chocolate.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos