March 9, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- From March 9 - 11, 2013, hundreds of beauty experts from around the world are in Chicago for "America's Beauty Show" at McCormick Place.
They're learning about the latest products and looks. The show is only for beauty industry professionals, but we wanted to get a glimpse of this season's trends. So we brought make-up artist Jill Glaser, owner of "Make Up First School of Makeup Artistry," (http://www.makeupfirst.com) the only state-certified makeup school in Chicago, and award-winning hair stylist Tracey Hughes from Australia into our ABC7 studio.
Jill's Make-Up Trends:
- Bold matte lip
- Colored eyeliner, either on the lash line or "floating" on the lid
- Very heavy eyebrows, silver eyeshadow from lash line to eyebrow, smokey eyes complete with gauze
- Clean face of extreme highlight and contour with nothing on the eyes, lips or cheeks.
- Crystals on the brightly colored eyelids
Tracey's Hair Trends:
- Short, geometric & smooth shapes embracing clean lines
- Undercuts and layered cut-outs
- Short fringes
- Pure shape with elegant timeless appeal showing the quintessential bob
- Clever twists, knots and looped ponytails
- Embellished accessories such as fancy headbands, jeweled slides or hair clips or head scarves and wraps
- Brightly colored root area or just on the ends as a dip dye
- Lighter panels and highlights framing the face
- Blondes with subtle shifting of tones
- Soft pastel shades
- Intense red heads and glossy brunettes
- To prevent frizz in curly hair, don't towel dry, this ruffles up the hair shaft. Instead, simply work the towel through your hair, squeezing out water from root to tip. Twist into curls and allow to dry naturally.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 43 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break 59 min ago
- Flight 370, missing Malaysia plane, had asylum seeker onboard
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 9 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night 15 min ago
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge 20 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Chicagoans 'save,' electric bills skyrocket
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
23 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
43 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
59 min ago