Community Events 3-10-13
March 10, 2013 (WLS) -- Our weekly segment featuring fun activities for the whole family Sunday:
Approximately 150 animals will be there including snakes, lizzards and "bubba" the alligator. The price is $8 for adults, five for kids.
It's lambing time at Pioneer Farm in Hampshire. Baby lambs are born almost every day at this family farm off of Interstate 90. It's open to the public on the weekends this month. The price is $5 a person or $11 for a family of four.
You can get sticky at Maple Syrup Sundays in Fullersburg Woods in Oak Brook. You can see for yourself how sap is extracted from the trees and turned into sweet syrup. Demonstrations are from noon until four today and are free.
And finally: Fun Family Palooza at the Pheasant Run resort is this weekend. There's a petting zoo, carnival games, pony rides, a mini golf course and more. It's from 10 until 6 in St. Charles. Unlimited activity wristbands are $15.
resources, ben bradley
- Chemical plant explosion, fire injures 2 in Alsip 6 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- 4-year-old boy accidentally shoots himself in Gary
- I-90/94 lanes to close for bridge piers construction
- Mother charged in baby's death held on $250K bond 12 min ago
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- Bruno Mars is Billboard's top artist of 2013 33 min ago
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy