March 24, 2013 -- The calendar says spring, but even though it seems that the weather hasn't gotten the memo, you can still bring spring into your home.
And with Easter just a week away, there are great ways to decorate for a warmer season.
Jennifer Sterna, Showroom Manager for the Linly Designs (www.LinlyDesigns.com), came into our ABC7 studio to inspire us with her ideas.
1. Easter Table Settings Spring Trends:
- Include custom napkin rings
- Incorporate lemons, artichokes in napkin rings to coordinate with the food and/or theme
2. Glass Decorative Jars:
- Fill with lemons, artichokes, candy
3. Lighter Fabrics & Colors:
- Change out heavier winter throws, pillows, and runners for lighter fabrics & colors
- Light a Fresh Linen candle, or use new Lampe Berger oil for a Spring-like aroma
5. Florals and Centerpieces:
- Replace hydrangeas or roses centerpieces on the dining table or foyer with tulips, peonies or spring flowers
- Bring in pops of color in accessories such as bowls, vases, candlesticks, or picture frames
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 11 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
24 min ago