March 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- For the past 143 years, the Erie Neighborhood House has helped low-income, primarily Latino families, gain work skills.
On Thursday, April 4, 2013, it's holding its "Future of Promise / Futuro de Promesa Annual Awards Dinner." (www.PJHChicago.com/eriehouse) The event raises money for Erie's Workforce Development Program, which provides holistic and culturally competent career preparation programming to low-income, unemployed and underemployed workers. Celena Roldan, Executive Director, Erie House, joined us in our ABC7 studio to talk about the organization and the dinner event.
Erie Neighborhood House: 2013 Future of Promise / Futuro de Promesa Annual Awards Dinner
Thursday, April 4, 2013
6 p.m. - 7 p.m.: Reception
7 p.m. - 9 p.m.: Dinner
Hyatt Regency Chicago
151 E. Wacker Drive
Dress code: Business attire
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 15 min ago
- No $344M jackpot winners on 12/10/13 20 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 2 min ago
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 45 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
2 min ago
- 7 in 77
14 min ago
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
15 min ago