April 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- On Sunday, April 7, 2013, about 40,000 runners work their way through Chicago's Grant Park at the Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K.
Many are running in support of good causes, including ABC7's John Garcia and Michelle Gallardo. During our ABC7 News Sunday Morning, John talked to Kim McIver, Director of Athletic Events with the ALS Les Turner Foundation (www.lesturnerals.org/), and John Moloznik, General Manager of Fleet Feet Sports Chicago (www.fleetfeetchicago.com/). Kim spoke about the ALS Foundation, while John told viewers how beginning runners can get started.
34th Annual Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K
Sunday, April 7
8:30 a.m.: Wave 1 Start
9:15 a.m.: Wave 2 Start
9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.: Post-Race Party in Grant Park featuring Freddy Jones Band
Start/ End: Grant Park (map: http://assets.shamrockshuffle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/2013-Bank-of-America-Shamrok-Shffle-8K-Course-Map.pdf)
After the race, you'll be able to look up results here: www.shamrockshuffle.com/race-results/searchable-results/.
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos