Community Events 04-14-13
April 14, 2013 (WLS) -- We begin with the 20th annual Reptile Fest being held on the University of Illinois at Chicago campus. Hundreds of reptiles will be on hand for you to see and touch. It's from 10a until 5p in UIC's physical education building. Tickets are $10 for adults, $7 for kids.
Shalom Sundays continue at the Chicago History Museum. You create artwork, learn about tint photographs and print making inspired by the exhibit. It's from 12 p.m. until four and is free with the price of museum admission.
The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield brings a travelling exhibit to the north suburbs at the Grayslake Heritage Center. It's open Saturday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. There will also be actors portraying the Lincoln-Douglas debate at 2 p.m. There's a suggested donation of $3.
And in the western suburbs: a chance to go inside Fermi lab. Kids between the ages of 7 and 12 are welcome today to experience the wonders of science. It's at 1 p.m. Tickets are $4 per person. You're asked to register in advance.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 57 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
57 min ago