Community Events 04-14-13
April 14, 2013 (WLS) -- We begin with the 20th annual Reptile Fest being held on the University of Illinois at Chicago campus. Hundreds of reptiles will be on hand for you to see and touch. It's from 10a until 5p in UIC's physical education building. Tickets are $10 for adults, $7 for kids.
Shalom Sundays continue at the Chicago History Museum. You create artwork, learn about tint photographs and print making inspired by the exhibit. It's from 12 p.m. until four and is free with the price of museum admission.
The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield brings a travelling exhibit to the north suburbs at the Grayslake Heritage Center. It's open Saturday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. There will also be actors portraying the Lincoln-Douglas debate at 2 p.m. There's a suggested donation of $3.
And in the western suburbs: a chance to go inside Fermi lab. Kids between the ages of 7 and 12 are welcome today to experience the wonders of science. It's at 1 p.m. Tickets are $4 per person. You're asked to register in advance.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer