Healthy Snacks For Kids
April 21, 2013 (WLS) -- You know kids love to snack, but they might not always choose what's good for them. `
But you can change that! Brian Wells, GFS Food/ Party Planning Expert and store manager at GFS Marketplace Evanston (www.gfspartyplanning.com), came into our ABC 7 studio to show how to make clever snacks that are also healthy for children.
Brian's Recipe: Banana Nibblers
1 tbsp. peanut butter
2 oz. Greek vanilla yogurt
Mash one banana with peanut butter and yogurt.
Peel a few other bananas and slice into half-inch thick slices.
Smear the P-B-Y (that's peanut butter, banana, and yogurt!) mixture onto half of the banana slices, and top with the other half to create banana 'sandwiches.'
Freeze them for a couple of hours before enjoying.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 5 min ago
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 13 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
13 min ago