Healthy Snacks For Kids
April 21, 2013 (WLS) -- You know kids love to snack, but they might not always choose what's good for them. `
But you can change that! Brian Wells, GFS Food/ Party Planning Expert and store manager at GFS Marketplace Evanston (www.gfspartyplanning.com), came into our ABC 7 studio to show how to make clever snacks that are also healthy for children.
Brian's Recipe: Banana Nibblers
1 tbsp. peanut butter
2 oz. Greek vanilla yogurt
Mash one banana with peanut butter and yogurt.
Peel a few other bananas and slice into half-inch thick slices.
Smear the P-B-Y (that's peanut butter, banana, and yogurt!) mixture onto half of the banana slices, and top with the other half to create banana 'sandwiches.'
Freeze them for a couple of hours before enjoying.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD