Best Dining Apps
April 25, 2013 -- Brad Spirrison from Appolicious walks us through some great apps for finding great food.
Ness (iOS, Free)
-Pandora for food discovery. Uses algorithm to sense your preferences and make recommendations based on Facebook friends and others in your social network.
FoodSpotting (iOS, Android free)
For foodies who like to share their gluttonous experiences with the world. Diners can take pictures of gourmet dishes and share with friends and post to the public. Restaurant seekers can use these pictures to inform their decisions. Acquired earlier this year by OpenTable (which is also a great option, but known just as much for its website)
LocalEats (iOS 99 cents)
Boast that they don't list chain restaurants. Good for Chicagoans to find restaurants they've never heard about in other neighborhoods. And for when they travel and don't want to be stuck in tourist traps.
GrubHub (iOS, Android free)
Order for delivery or takeout. Also a website, but apps serve distinct mobile purpose (order on the El on your way home from work). Chicago-based for backstory.
For more info visit appolicious.com
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...