Chicago House Brunch and Fashion Show
April 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Chicago House, the leader in housing and supportive services for people affected by HIV and AIDS is back with its biggest fundraising event of the year.
The 26th Annual Chicago House Spring Brunch and Fashion Show offers a 3-course brunch, silent auction and fashion show featuring AZZA, Cram, Bonobos, Lulu's On The Avenue, Suit Supply, Ramsey Prince Designs and Ricorso. The organization will also present its annual Spirit Award to openly gay Illinois State Representative Kelly Cassidy, in acknowledging her ongoing advocacy for women, the LGBT communities, and Chicago House.
Tickets are $200 for Garden Seating (table of 10/$2000) and $250 at the Runway (table of 10/$2500). For tickets or more information, contact Beth Connor at 773.248.5200 (ext. 303) or visit www.chicagohouse.org
Sunday, May 5th
Harold Washington Library Center (Winter Garden Ballroom)
400 South State Street
LOOK 1: Oscar de la Renta 1970's Vintage Silk Dress ($675)
Trend - Black and white, stripes and ruffles
Description -- Black and white is probably the top color contrast for spring and we're also seeing a lot of bold stripes on the runway. Designers also reclaimed ruffles this season and this vintage piece features all of them together - trends always come back around!
*Available at LuLu's On the Avenue (900 N. Michigan) and Lulu's At the Belle Kay at (3862 N. Lincoln)
LOOK 2: BonobosTravel Jeans in South Beach White ($98), Block Party-Blue & Pink Sport Shirt ($78), Fairfax Cotton Navy Blazer ($275) and Stretto Cognac Leather Belt ($90)
Trend - Prints, Colored denim & Cotton Blazer
Description - Colored denim is on-trend for men this spring including white! Prints on shirts, shoes and other accessories are adding dimension, whether they're bold stripes or pastel patterns. We're also seeing a lot of lightweight blazers and suits - tailored cotton or chambray.
*Available at Bonobos (845 W. Armitage Avenue)
LOOK 3: G - STAR RAW Constructed Omega Chambray blazer ($325), LOFT 604 lightweight classic cotton polo ($139), ORIGINAL PENGUIN SEERSUCKER MARGATE SHORTS ($79), Herschel Supply Settlement Woodland Camo & Navy Backpack ($69.00)
Trend - Neon, bright pops of color, camouflage and Bermuda shorts
Description - Again you're seeing the lightweight blazer, a big trend for spring, but also the pop of chartreuse on the collar. Neon and other bright colors are very on trend this spring, along with Bermuda shorts, which are a type of tailored, dress short. They're actually big for both men and women this spring. And who can miss the camo backpack - again prints, including camouflage is huge this year.
*Available at Cram (3331 N. Broadway St Chicago)
LOOK 4: AZZA Silk Signature V-neck with Patterned Accent ($395)
Trend -Ruffles, flounced hemlines and V-neck
Description - Again ruffles are huge, but also the flamenco-style flounced hemlines. AZZA uses its signature wire hem to create this look. Another trend this season are V-necks, especially deep, plunging V-necks.
*Available at Atelier Azza (The Shops at North Bridge, 520 N. Michigan Avenue)
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 37 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 38 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing 18 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 2 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 6 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Pay-by-phone coming for Chicago parking meters 1 min ago
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77
31 min ago
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
37 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment...
38 min ago