Ride Janie Ride motorcycle run
May 2, 2013 -- The Ride Janie Ride 2013 motorcycle run will be held Sunday, May 5, 2013 to benefit three children from the Chicago area with a blood cancer.
The ride will begin at Fox River Harley Davidson, 131 S. Randall Rd., St. Charles; followed by a 45-mile fully escorted route through the Western suburbs and end at the Iron Horse Saloon in Lockport. Registration and activities start at 8:30 a.m. Kickstands up at 11 a.m. Nonriders may join the after party at Iron Horse starting at 11:00, featuring free food, free soft drinks, live music, door prizes, raffles and silent auctions.
This will be the seventh annual Ride Janie Ride event, which is sponsored by the Ride Janie Ride Foundation, an organization started by a group of motorcycle enthusiasts whose friend, Jane Orlock Bawel of Downers Grove, was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma, needed a stem cell transplant and faced astronomical medical expenses not covered by medical insurance.
"The outpouring of love, support and healing that day from the hundreds of motorcyclists and attendees was a gift I will treasure always," says Bawel. "My husband, Brandon, and I felt so blessed that we wanted to pay it forward."
Thus, the Ride Janie Ride Foundation was formed. Last year, the run benefited three Chicago area children, Maxwell Donnelly (6) of Westmont, Skylar Huffstutler (12) of Braidwood and Giovanni Nicoski-Rios (8) of West Chicago, who were diagnosed with a various types of blood cancer. Those three families join the Bawels and the previous recipient families in "paying it forward" as 2013 Ride Janie Ride volunteers. This year's ride will benefit Conner Robinson (9) of Oswego, sister Faith Robinson (19) of Oswego and Lizzie Pinion (12) of Sycamore, who have all been diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.
The donation to participate is $25/rider, $15/passenger, and $20/nonrider. Event details and pre-registration are available on the Ride Janie Ride Foundation Web site, <http://www.RideJanieRide.org.
Ride Janie Ride Foundation 2013
Starts in St. Charles and finishes in Lockport
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 11 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
14 min ago
- SB Lake Shore Drive reopens after standoff
13 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in...
38 min ago
- LSD standoff suspect wanted in wife's murder
52 min ago